So I’m horribly behind on this blog. . . whoever thought this was a good idea . . . oh wait, that was me and I still believe it . . . just need to work on the follow-through. True for many things in my life, not just this blog, but I digress.
I had wanted to write a post on Valentines Day, Single Awareness Day in some circles, celebrating the neverending, unconditional, forever kind of love that God offers to those who love Him, but I never found the time. Lucky for me, someone over at Crosswalk.com did. In a wonderful article titled, “When Your Heart Longs to be Romanced,” Cindi McMenamin makes some interesting points about V-Day . . . you’ll have to go here, http://www.crosswalk.com/family/marriage/when-your-heart-longs-to-be-romanced, for her story.
[Inserting information about the author here -> Cindi McMenamin is a national speaker and author of several books, including ‘Letting God Meet Your Emotional Needs’ and ‘When Women Walk Alone.’ For more on her Southern California-based ministry, see her website: www.StrengthForTheSoul.com.]
But now, for the verses – read and hear the voice of God calling to you . . .
He calls you unforgettable: “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! (Isaiah 49:15).
• He says He has always loved you and always will: “…I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3).
• He calls Himself your Husband: “For your Maker is your husband – the Lord Almighty is his name – the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. The Lord will call you back as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit…” (Isaiah 54:5-6a).
• He says His love for you is greater than anything you’ll ever find on this earth: “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). And then Jesus did just that — He laid down His life for you…one He calls “friend.”
• He promises He’ll never leave you: “…Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5b).
• He assures you in His Word that He has chosen you as His own: “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight…” (Ephesians 1:4).
• He assures you in His Word that nothing will be able to separate you from His ever-pursuing love: “… neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:39).
May you rest in the loving arms of your Savior, Redeemer, Healer, Coming King, Husband, Lover, Betrothed, the Author of romance.